Excavator Training Course | Safety Certification
- OHS/CSA Compliant
- Certified Trainers
- Your Site or Ours
Course Description (PDF Download)
- Pre-use Inspection Checklist: Completed at the start of every shift. Includes a walk around visual inspection for damaged parts, hydraulic line, oil & coolant system leaks and debris. It also includes a complete system function test.
- Work site Inspection Checklist: Before starting your job always inspect the job site for buried utilities, drop offs, debris, over head obstructions, hazardous materials and ground surface conditions.
- Theory Test: A complete classroom training session will provide the knowledge and understanding to operate an Excavator safely.
- Practical Hands-on Training and Assessment: Upon successful completion of the theory test, training on how to inspect, use, park, re-fuel, and transport the Excavator begins. Practical demonstration of several operating skill tasks will be given to complete the assessment.
- Understand the Regulations governing the Safe Operation of an Excavator: Federal, Provincial and Company policy regarding industry standards.
- Types of Excavators: Crawlers (track) or Rubber Tire (wheeled)
- Main Parts and their Function: Undercarriage, Grading/Dozer Blade, Turret & Cab, Operating Controls, Engine and Hydraulic System, Work Assembly and Counter weight.
- Equipment Specifications: Dimensions and Weights, Lift and Bucket Capacities, Work Ranges
- Stability and Capacities: Leverage and Center of Gravity, Stability Rectangle and Pyramid, Load Weight
- Getting Ready for the Job: Use of PPE, Pre-use and Work site Inspections, Job assessment for Ground Disturbance and Securing the Work Area
- Safe Operating Procedures: Machine set-up, Hydraulic Controls and making a pass, Undercutting, Trenching & Excavating, Trench Protective Systems, Proper Lifting Procedures, Working with a Signal Person
- Parking, Shutdown, Re-fueling and Transport